0121 387 9843
Office location: Birmingham
Joseph joined BWL Group as a Legal Assistant in March 2022 before beginning his training contract in October of the same year. Joseph works in the Real Estate team at BWL Legal.
Before joining BWL, he worked as a legal secretary in the family and conveyancing departments of a local law firm where he supported a range of fee earners on a diverse range of matters.
Joseph studied History at the University of York achieving Upper Second Class Honours. but decided to head towards a career in law after graduating and is using the SQE route to qualification as a solicitor.
Currently, Joseph works closely alongside Jas Khela in completing complex residential and commercial property transactions. Some of his experience includes:
- Supporting fee earners at all stages of the conveyancing process, from initial enquiries to post-completion
- Assisted senior fee earners with complex title split transactions including site acquisition and division of the title into leasehold units
- Advising clients and providing explanations of financial documents such as debentures and charges
- Reporting on property documents such as searches, tenancy agreements and Electrical Performance Certificates
- Drafting long term leases for leasehold apartments and other documents relevant to the conveyancing process
- Advising clients on the legal aspects of Stamp Duty Land Tax