Our Real Estate lawyers understand the complexities associated with lease negotiations and transactions and can provide you with practical and valuable advice.
Helping you manage commercial leases
BWL’s Real Estate lawyers can advise and help you with:
- Lease Term-effect on registration at HM Land registry and any stamp duty liability
- Rent and rent reviews
- Service charges
- Responsibility for repairs
- Break clauses
- Assignments and sub-letting
- Landlords’ consent to alterations
- Business lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
What can BWL do to help?
Acquisitions and Commercial Services
- Acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold commercial property.
- Commercial development including options to purchase (conditional upon planning/site surveys/development finance), site acquisition, construction and disposals.
- Commercial leases including heads of terms, granting and negotiating new leases including advising on assignments, sub-letting and alterations, rent reviews, service charges, repairing obligations, break clauses and any stamp duty liabilities and dealing with registration at HM Land Registry (if applicable).
- Business Sale Agreements and transfers.
- Lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, where we ensure that the correct notices are served within the required timescales and to the intended recipient.
- Advising on corporate joint ventures, including liaising with accountants and tax advisors and drafting the shareholders’ agreement and corresponding articles of association.
- Drafting bespoke contractual joint venture agreements to document the relationship between the contracting parties. This includes land collaboration agreements, promotion agreements and development agreements.