BWL Professional Bid Services supports engineering consultancy with key tender submission into Canadian Government Agency
In January 2023, BWL Professional Bid Services Ltd (BWL) was engaged by a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consultancy company (client) to support them with a key tender submission into Metrolinx, an agency of the Government of Ontario (Canada), for the provision of independent safety assessment services.
The bid response consisted of a company summary, project case studies with references, and CVs for 11 project team members, including Director, Manager, Expert, and Assessor roles.
The challenging aspect of the response was that each CV required three reference projects to demonstrate the personnel’s experience and technical expertise. A total of 33 references were required, and each was accompanied by a one-page case study that included a description of the services provided and the responsibilities fulfilled by the respective project team member.
Our team of bid professionals at BWL have vast experience in completing bid submissions such as this, where communication and organisation are key. For this bid, we assigned a Bid Consultant and a Senior Bid Writer to work in collaboration with our Client’s Business Strategy & Growth Director, for 10 working days. Highlights of the bid process are outlined below:
– We initially agreed on which personnel would be appointed to each role. We then contacted each individual via email to ask if they could make time for a short call to develop their CV for this specific bid.
– Our Client is a global business, with personnel working in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. As a result, our team made themselves available for early morning and evening calls to accommodate the difference in time zones.
– With Metrolinx outlining stringent requirements for the level of experience held by project team members, several changes were made to the personnel appointed to the team throughout the bid.
– The response was written in Canadian English and reviewed as part of our proofing process.
– Our team managed this bid in its entirety and drafted all responses, continually updating the client on progress and when any issues arose.
This was the first time that the client had engaged BWL for professional bid services, with this bid demonstrating our ability to prioritise key tasks and collaborate with a large group of stakeholders to deliver responses within short timescales.
Testimonial – I would like to pass on my thanks for a fantastic job by you both; really pleased with how this went and the high-quality bid as a result. I would have no hesitation in recommending BWL and indeed look forward to working together on the next one! – Business Strategy & Growth Director.